Voice Mail System
SETTING UP A NEW MAILBOX
The following instructions are for new voice mail box set up. If you are using a phone or voice mail previously used by another employee, please contact the Telecommunications Department at x5922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a voice mail box reset. Then follow the instructions below.
LOGIN/SET YOUR PASSWORD
- Dial extension 5000. You must dial from your office phone.
When the system answers, you will hear a computer-generated voice speak the extension number. The system will say "please enter your password, if this is not your extension press *."
- Enter the default password: 1 2 3.
The system will require you to set a six-digit password. Passwords cannot begin with a zero or be a consecutive sequence of numbers.
- Enter your authentic six-digit password. The system will ask you to verify your password and press #.
Pressing the # key after setting your password will take you to the greeting set up.
Setting up your greeting:
Your greeting is the recording a caller hears when they reach your voice mail. You have the option of a spoken name greeting or a personal greeting.
You will hear the computer-generated voice say the extension name.
The default "spoken name" is your four digit extension number.
If you decide to leave this setting in place, your greeting message will be the computer generated voice announcement "you have reached the voice mail box of XXXX, please leave a message..."
- To accept this spoken name press 1, to re-record press 2. To replace the computer generated voicemail extension name, press 2 and say your name followed by the # key.
Press the # key after recording your spoken name to return to the main menu.
RECORD YOUR PERSONAL GREETING
Your personal greeting is a message you can record for callers to hear when they reach your voice mail (for example: "You have reached the voice mail of (your name). Please leave a message after the tone".
To record or manage your greetings, select option 3 from the main menu.
- You will hear, "for all calls system greeting is active, to listen to a
greeting press 0, to record a greeting press 1, to scan greetings press 2,
to delete a greeting press 3, to activate a greeting press 5.
If finished press #."
Select option 1 to record greeting
- You will hear "for personal greeting press 1, for extended absence greeting press 2, for optional greetings press 3."
- Press 1 to record a personal greeting. Follow spoken instructions to record or edit your personal greeting.
NOTE: If you record a spoken name as well as a personal greeting, your personal greeting is what callers will hear when they reach your voice mail. You will only hear your spoken name when you access your voice mail box to check messages or make changes.
Press the # key after recording your personal greeting to return to the greetings main menu.
RETRIEVE MESSAGES FROM YOUR OWN PHONE
- Dial 5000: You will hear the name of the mailbox you are calling from (your recorded name or extension).
- Enter your password.
The system will give the following options:
- To record messages press 1
This feature will allow to you send a voicemail message to on campus users.
- To get messages press 2
This feature will allow you to retrieve new and saved voicemail messages.
To administer personal greetings press 3
This feature will allow you to leave a greeting that incoming callers will hear.
RETRIEVE MESSAGES FROM A PHONE WITHOUT VOICEMAIL (incl. off campus phones)
- Dial 5000 or off campus 915-5000. You will hear "Welcome to Avaya Messaging, please enter the mailbox number of the person you are calling. If you have a mailbox on this system, please press #."
- Enter your on campus four digit extension You will hear, "please enter your password, if this is not your extension press *."
- Enter your password.
RETRIEVE MESSAGES FROM A PHONE WITH VOICEMAIL, BUT NOT YOUR OWN
- Dial 5000. You will hear the recorded mailbox name, the system will say "please enter your password, if this is not your extension press *"
- Press *, then you will hear the system say, "please enter the mailbox you are calling, if you have a mailbox on the system press #."
- Press the # key to get to the main menu. Then you will hear "mailbox number please".
- Enter your mailbox number: You will hear, "please enter your password."
- Enter your six digits password.
If you have questions or problems with voicemail, please call Ext 5922 or email email@example.com.